- 2 pounds large asparagus, (about ¾ inch thick), up to 3
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- cup good quality olive oil
- 12 roasted or boiled new potatoes, cut in half
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and chives, mixed together
- 1.Place heavy baking sheet in the middle of the oven. Set oven temperature to 450 degrees.
- 2.Wash and peel asparagus with a non-swivel French peeler starting about 1-1/2 to 2 inches below the tip and peeling straight down towards the cut end. Snap off the tough ends and trim straight. Place asparagus on a large plate and drizzle with the tablespoon of olive oil.
- 3.When oven reaches 450 degrees, spread asparagus spears in one layer on the baking sheet. Roast for about 5 minutes, then turn with tongs. Continue roasting for another 2 minutes or until just tender. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- 4.In a small jar, combine shallots, mustard, vinegar, and salt and pepper to taste. Shake well and add 1/3 cup of oil. Shake vigorously until well combined.
- 5.Arrange the asparagus, potatoes, and eggs on a serving platter and pour the vinaigrette over.Garnish with parsley and chives and serve immediately.
- Cuisine:”African/middle Eastern”