Ingredients: 2 c. plus 2 tbsp flour,1 tbsp baking powder,1 tsp salt,1/3 c. maple syrup,12 tbsp cold butter, cut into 1/4″ cubes,2 eggs, lightly beaten,1 c. plus 2 tbsp heavy cream,2 tsp orange extract,2 tsp vanilla extract,1 tbsp finely chopped orange zest,1 c. blueberries,Sugar or Maple Sugar,1 c. icing sugar,2 tsp vanilla extract (I used vanilla paste),juice from one orange
- Preheat oven to 400F
- In the bowl of a mixer, mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, salt and maple syrup
- Add in the butter and mix until it's the size of peas
- In separate bowl, mix together 1 cup of the cream, eggs, orange zest, vanilla and orange extracts, and slowly add into the mixer.
- Toss the blueberries in the remaining 2 tbsp of flour and gently fold into the batter
- On a floured surface, carefully shape the dough into a ball and cut in half.
- Lightly dust the surface of the dough with more flour and press into disc shape about 3/4″ thick.
- Brush each disc with the remaining 2 tbsp of cream and sprinkle with sugar
- Bake for 25 min, or until browned and slightly firm to the touch.
- Cool on wire rack
- In bowl, mix together the icing sugar, vanilla and orange juice. Stir until no lumps are left and is combined.
- Drizzle over top the scones and allow to cool completely.