- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 1 pound thin bacon
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 24 eggs
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Several dashes hot sauce
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups grated Cheddar Jack
- 24 small whole wheat tortillas (fajita size; if they don’t have whole wheat in this small size, buy regular)
- 1 jar salsa
- 2 to 3 cups grated Cheddar Jack, for topping
- For the filling: Cook the sausage in a large skillet, crumbling it fine. Drain on a paper towel. Fry the bacon in the same skillet until crisp. Drain on a paper towel, let cool and then crumble into tiny pieces. Saute the jalapenos, onions and bell peppers in the same skillet until golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- While the vegetables are cooking, beat the eggs in a bowl with the half-and-half, seasoned salt, hot sauce and black pepper.
- Turn the skillet heat to low and pour in the egg mixture. Add the sausage and crumbled bacon. Slowly cook the eggs, using a wooden spatula to push them around the pan until they’re totally cooked through. Stir in the cheese until melted.
- For the burritos: Warm the tortillas using your favorite method, and add some of the filling to each. Top with salsa and grated cheese, then roll up and eat.