- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup pepitas
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1/4 cup shelled sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup ground flax seed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- Line a baking tin or dish (mine was 10 x 14 inches with wax paper so that it extends over the edge.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Add honey, almond butter, and apple sauce, and combine until a big gloppy clump is formed.
- Dump sticky mess into the baking dish, and flatten and spread with the back of a wooden spoon. Freeze overnight. Die with anticipation. Stop peeking at it.
- Remove from freezer and cut into bars! These are best stored in the fridge in a tupperware, with layers separated by wax paper. Keep one in your purse for 2 PM…and maybe another for 4:45…8:30…midnight…breakfast the next day…second breakfast…and so on.