This zingy tart has a wonderful flavour and is a great way to cook with passion friut
- 200.0g golden caster sugar
- finely grated zest and juice of 1 lime
- 500 g pack dessert pastry
- 142.0ml tub double cream
- 8 passion fruits
- 6 egg yolks
- icing sugar for dusting (optional)
- Roll out the pastry and use it to line a 23cm tart ring, then chill for at least 20 mins. Heat oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4. Line the tart with baking parchment and baking beans, then bake for 15 mins. Remove the parchment, bake for a further 5-10 mins until golden, then remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 140C/fan 120C/gas 1.
- While the case is cooking, cut the passion fruits in half, scoop out the flesh into a bowl, then blitz with a hand blender. Push the pulp through sieve and mix the juice with the lime zest and juice. Beat the sugar and yolks together until pale, then beat in the cream and fruit juice. Carefully pour the custard into the tart case, then bake for 40 mins, until set with a very slight wobble. Remove the tart from the oven, then leave to cool completely.
- You can now either serve the tart as it is, or try a chef’s tip and dust it with icing sugar, then caramelise the top with a blowtorch.