Ingredients: 2 pounds London broil,1 package taco seasoning mix,1 cup chopped onion,2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped,1 clove garlic, minced,1 Tbs. white vinegar,1 can fat free refried beans or black beans,1 package 8-inch flour tortillas,2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese,1 Chopped tomato,1 small can sliced black olives,Sour cream, salsa, green onions, etc.
- Trim any fat from the meat. Rub seasoning mix over both sides of the meat and place in your slow cooker (crock pot) coated with cooking spray.
- Add onion, vinegar, peppers and garlic. If you like a little heat, leave a few of the seeds in with the jalapenos. Cover and cook on low heat setting for about 9 hours.
- Remove the meat from the cooker. Reserve the cooking liquid. Shred the meat with two forks and place back in the liquid to reheat.
- Warm the beans and tortillas according to directions.
- Spread a couple of spoonfuls of beans down the center of a tortilla, spoon the meat mixture on top of the beans. Top with cheese and your favorite garnish, and roll up. YUM! Makes 12 8-inch tortillas.
- I like to dress up refried beans with extra garlic and salsa, or some drained canned corn and extra salsa for the black beans.