- 1 block firm tofu (drained well)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Bragg’s, tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- teaspoon turmeric
- teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons vegan bacon bits (optional)
- chopped green onion (optional)
- Combine vegetable oil, Bragg’s (or tamari, or soy sauce), turmeric, onion and garlic in a skillet and heat on medium, while cutting the tofu into small pieces. Lower the temp of the burner a bit and add the tofu to the mixture in the skillet. As the tofu cooks, mash it up and make sure that the tofu and seasoning mixture are mixed well.
- If you want to include vegan bacon bits, they can be added as a topping after or folded into the mix towards the end of cooking. Cooking them in the scrambled tofu for a few minutes will soften them, which I like better.