- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 8 ounces)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup diced frozen pineapple, roughly chopped while frozen
- 3 cups cooked shredded pork, chicken or beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives, for garnish, optional
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, peppers, cumin and chili powder and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and beginning to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the sweet potatoes, season, and cook, stirring occasionally, until the edges begin to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Add the corn, pineapple and shredded pork, and stir well to combine. Cook until the corn and pineapple are completely thawed and warm and the mixture is hot throughout.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Crack the eggs into it, cover the pan, and cook until the whites are set but the yolks are still runny, about 3 minutes (or cook to desired doneness.) Season with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide the potato hash among 4 plates; top each with a fried egg and sprinkle some chives over the top, if using.