- • 3/4 cup raw cashews
- • 8 ounces Galaxy Classic Plain Veggie Cream Cheese Alternative.
- • 1 cup water, soymilk, or coconut milk beverage, divided
- • 3/4 cup sugar
- • 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- • 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place the cashews in a spice grinder or food processor, and whiz for 30 seconds, or until powdered.
- Add the ground cashews, cream cheese alternative, 1/2 cup of the water or milk alternative, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla, and salt to a blender or food processor, and mix on high for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well blended.
- Place the blender jar in your refrigerator, and let the mixture chill for 2 hours.
- Make sure the canister or your ice cream maker was frozen overnight. Once frozen, and add the mixture to your ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When done, you will have some tasty soft serve. Pack it into a freezer safe container, and chill in the freezer for several hours to get hard packed ice cream.
- –> No Ice Cream Maker?
- •Simply freeze the ice cream mixture in cubes. Once frozen, process the cubes in a food processor, adding a little liquid as needed to get things going, until they form a softer ice cream. Or …
- •If you don’t have a food processor, you can freeze the mixture in a baking dish, removing it and mixing or blending it every 30 minutes until smooth, creamy, and adequately chilled.