Gluten-Free Morning Glory Muffins with carrots, raisins and pecans
- ½ cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup amaranth flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup agave
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup coconut oil (warmed to a liquid)
- 2 bananas (pureed)
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup raw pecans, chopped
- ⅓ cup grated carrots
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 tablespoons soaked chia seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Prepare your muffin tin with muffin cups.
- Combine the egg and agave together in a medium bowl until completely mixed. Next add the pureed banana, coconut oil, chia seeds, raisins, carrots and coconut and mix thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients: buckwheat flour, amaranth flour, almond flour, baking soda, baking powder, pecans and salt.
- Next add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the individual muffin cups and cook in the oven for about 22 – 25 minutes. Test with a knife in the center of one of the muffins to see if it is done. The muffins will be moist, but knife should be mostly clean when it comes out.
- Cool the muffins on a rack.