The perfect vehicle for gravy and roasted goodies: the Yorkshire pudding – this version is gluten-free but never fear, you still get that characteristic puff and golden colour
- 140g gluten-free plain flour
- 50g cornflour
- 3 eggs
- 175ml semi-skimmed milk
- sunflower oil, for drizzling
- Make up the batter mix. Tip the flours into a bowl with 1/2 tsp salt, make a well in the middle and crack the eggs into it. Whisk it together, then slowly add the milk, whisking all the time until lump-free. Leave to stand until you are ready to cook.
- Heat oven to 230C/210C fan/gas 8. Drizzle a little oil evenly into two 12-hole non-stick muffin tins and put into the oven to heat through.
- Pour the batter into a jug, then remove the hot tins from the oven. Carefully and evenly pour the batter into the holes. Put the tins back in the oven and leave undisturbed for 20-25 mins until the puddings have puffed up and browned. Serve immediately.