- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha
- 1/2 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- 1 sesame-seed hamburger bun
- 1 lettuce leaf
- 1 tomato slice
- 3 to 4 thin rings red onion
- 4 ounces bulk breakfast sausage
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 slice Cheddar
- 1 large egg
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix together the mayonnaise, Sriracha and maple syrup in a small bowl. Spread on the inside of both bun halves. Stack the lettuce, tomato and onion on the bottom bun.
- Pat and squeeze the sausage together into a ball. Put it on a piece of plastic wrap, and flatten it out into a thin patty 4 to 5 inches wide.
- Heat the oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove the patty from the plastic wrap, and cook it until browned on both sides and cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Lay the Cheddar on the patty, cover the skillet and cook until the Cheddar melts, about 30 seconds. Remove, and set the patty on the bottom bun.
- Crack the egg into the skillet over medium-high heat, sprinkle with some salt and pepper and cook until the egg whites are set and crispy on the bottom and edges and the yolk is still runny, 2 to 3 minutes. Set the egg on top of the sausage patty, and top with the other bun half. Eat right away.