- 12 ounces jar of local honey
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs, any variety (2 Tb. dried)
- I usually use clover honey, because it has a mild flavor that won’t compete with the herbs! I started with making sage honey, because you can actually find bee-made sage honey in some places…but not where I live. My sage honey will have a stronger flavor than the natural variety.
- Place the open jar of honey in a small sauce pan with 1-2 inches of water. Heat the water until the honey is warm and very runny.
- Carefully remove the jar and place the herbs in the top.
- Screw the lib bake on and shake. Place the jar in a sunny window and allow it to sit for 1-5 days.
- Reheat the jar, so the honey is very watery, then strain out the herbs. Keep the infused honey in a cool, dark place.
- Other herbs that work well are lavender, rosemary, thyme, hibiscus and dill.