- 3 ounces cherry gelatin powder
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 10 inches piece ladyfinger cookies split half
- 1 cup Cool Whip Free thawed
- 1/4 cup coconut
- Dissolve gelatin powder in boiling water. Add cold water and vanilla extract. Pour 3/4 cup into a 9″ pie pan. Chill until slightly thickened.
- Insert lady fingers around sides of pan. Chill until set, but not firm, 2 hours. Chill remaining gelatin until very thick, 1 hour and 30 minutes; then whip until fluffy. Pour over gelatin in pan. Chill until firm, 5 hours. Then top with whipped topping and coconut.
- NOTES : A light dessert that isn’t as rich but has a unique texture since the gelatin is whipped rather than just chilled until firm.