- 1 handf fresh lemongrass leaves, preferable the soft
- 12 Fresh green lemongrass stalks, top half only
- 3 cups Cold water
- 1/4 cup Sugar syrup
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- Cut the leaves or tops into 2-inch lengths, measure out 1 1/2 cups, loosely packed. In a blender, combine the tops, water and syrup and blend at high speed until the water is a vivid green and the lemongrass leaves are reduced to fine, short, needlelike pieces, about 1 minute. Strain through a very fine sieve into a large pitcher, spoon off and discard green foam. Taste to see if it’s sweet enough, and add more syrup if you like.
- Serve in tall glasses over ice.
- Sugar syrup: Combine sugar and water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook until liquid has thickened and colored slightly, about 5 minutes.