- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 3/4 cups buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave 6 tablespoons butter until melted, about 30 seconds. Add eggs and buttermilk; whisk to combine. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture and whisk until batter is almost smooth; set aside.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk together maple syrup and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. In a small saucepan, heat 6 tablespoons butter over medium, swirling pan occasionally, until golden brown and most of the foam has subsided, 8 to 10 minutes. Immediately pour into maple mixture and whisk until mixture forms a ribbon when you lift the whisk. Cover with plastic wrap and set aside.
- 3. Heat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions. Lightly coat with cooking spray. Pour 1 1/3 cups batter onto iron and close; cook until waffle is golden and crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack set in a rimmed baking sheet. Repeat with remaining batter.
- 4. Pour maple glaze onto a dinner plate. Dip one side of each waffle into glaze. To serve, cut each waffle in half and sprinkle with pecans.