Ingredients: 1/4 cup raw almonds, coarsely ground,1 pound of apples, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces,3 tablespoons butter, melted (preferably organic and grass-fed),pinch of cardamom,1/4 teaspoon cinnamon,2 tablespoons evaporated cane juice,1 Meyer lemon,1/2 cup rolled or steel-cut oats,1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.Begin preparing the Meyer lemon by zesting the skin and setting the zest aside.Peel the remaining skin off the lemon with a knife. Slice the pulp segments from their side skins into a medium bowl. Squeeze any remaining juices left in the segment skins into the bowl with the pulp.
- Remove any stray seeds from the bowl, and crush or break the pulp apart.
- Add the apples and toss them with the lemon juice.
- Add the sugar and flour and mix thoroughly until the apple pieces are well coated in a caramel colored glaze.
- Spread the apples into the bottom of a small baking dish.In a separate bowl, mix together the rolled oats, almonds, whole wheat flour, evaporated cane juice, cinnamon, cardamom, and lemon zest. Once everything is well mixed, incorporate the melted butter and mix until all of the dry ingredients have been moistened by the butter.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the apples.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, just until the crumble topping begins to brown.