The popular rum-and-mint cocktail from Cuba was the inspiration for this entrée. A last-minute spritz of grilled lime adds even more flavor. Garnish with grilled pineapple slices cut into star shapes, if desired.
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons light rum
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 6 tablespoons mint syrup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse kosher salt
- 6 chicken breast halves with skin and bones (about 5 pounds)
- 3 large limes, quartered lengthwise
- Fresh mint sprigs
- Whisk lime juice, 1/2 cup rum, and next 4 ingredients in bowl. Place chicken in resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over; seal bag. Turn bag to distribute marinade. Chill 4 hours, turning bag twice.
- Place lime quarters in shallow bowl. Pour remaining 2 tablespoons rum over, tossing to coat. Let stand at room temperature.
- Prepare barbecue (medium heat). Grill chicken until cooked through, about 15 minutes per side. Transfer to platter.
- Grill limes until soft and slightly charred, about 5 minutes. Garnish platter with mint sprigs. Squeeze grilled limes over chicken and serve.