- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes, cut up and undrained
- 1 (6 oz..) can tomato paste
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/4 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 pound pkg. Mostaccioli
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan combine sausage, ground beef, onion and garlic; cook until meat is no longer pink and onion is tender; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce, bay leaves, salt, basil and marjoram. Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer covered 30-45 minutes.
- Prepare Mostaccioli as directed on the package, then drain.
- Add the softened butter to the Mostaccioli and toss to coat.
- Arrange the Mostaccioli on a platter and top it with the meat sauce and Parmesan cheese.