- 2 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 cup milk (lukewarm)
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup oil
- 1 egg (beaten lightly)
- 2 cups pumpkin puree
- ~1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon water
- Mix the yeast, sugar and milk in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix in the flour, nutmeg, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
- Slowly mix in the oil.
- Mix the yeast mixture, egg, pumpkin puree into the flour mixture until it forms a dough.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth and elastic-y adding more flour as required.
- Place the dough in an oiled bowl, cover and let rise to double its original volume, about 1 hour.
- Place the dough on a floured surface and form it into a disc.
- Cut the disc into 16 pieces and form them into balls.
- Place the balls in an oiled spring form pan.
- Cover the pan and rise to double its original volume, about 1 hour.
- Mix the egg and water and brush onto the top of the dough.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until golden brown, about 30-40 minutes.