- 2 large bunches fresh herbs (such as dill, oregano, or parsley, or a combination)
- 1 side of salmon, skin on (3 pounds; about 1 1/4 inches at thickest point)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Olive relish, for serving
- 1. Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Heat a rimmed baking sheet in oven for 10 minutes. Scatter herbs on the sheet to form a bed for the fish. Lay salmon, skin side down, on top of herbs, and season with salt and pepper.
- 2. Roast salmon until cooked through (fish should flake but be slightly translucent in the center), 10 to 15 minutes. Using 2 large spatulas, transfer salmon to a serving platter. Serve warm or at room temperature, with olive relish.