- cooking spray
- 2 medium plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- black pepper
- 12 medium cremini mushrooms
- 8 small uncooked breakfast link sausages (about 8 ounces)
- 4 large eggs
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven and heat to 425°F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray or a thin coating of oil.
- Halve the tomatoes lengthwise. Using a melon baller or teaspoon, scoop the seeds and core out of the tomatoes. Place the tomatoes in a medium bowl, add 1 tablespoon of the oil and 1/2 of the thyme, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. Transfer to a rimmed baking sheet and arrange cut-side up (reserve the bowl). Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, halve the mushrooms and place in the reserved bowl. When the tomatoes have roasted for 15 minutes, add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil and thyme to the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine. (Do not do this ahead of time, as the salt will draw moisture out of the mushrooms.)
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven, add the sausage and mushrooms, cut-side down. Roast until the sausage is almost cooked through, about 12 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven again and use a spatula to push the mushrooms, sausages, and tomatoes aside to create 4 empty spaces for the eggs. Crack the eggs into the spaces and season with salt and pepper. Roast about 5 minutes for runny yolks or 8 minutes for set yolks. Serve immediately with toast, if desired.