- Makes 6-8 mason jar salads (or one large 7 layer salad)
- – 5 cups lettuce, washed and chopped (I use romaine or butter lettuce)
- – 8 slices thick cut bacon
- – 1 yellow (or red) onion, diced
- – 1 red bell pepper, diced
- – 2 cups frozen peas, partially thawed
- – 8 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- – 1/2 cup mayo (I like Duke’s)
- – 1/2 cup sour cream
- – 1 tbsp sugar
- – 1/2 tsp black pepper
- – -mason jars (16-21oz work best for entree size) or bowls for serving
- For dressing: in a small bowl mix together mayo, sour cream, sugar, and pepper. Chill until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile cook bacon in a skillet until crisp. Remove to a paper towel lined plate to cool then dice into bite size pieces.
- Dice eggs into bite size pieces with a knife or egg slicer.
- To plate: I like to serve mine in large mason jars (21oz) for presentation as an entree. But can also be arranged in bowls or a large trifle dish. Add a couple spoonfuls of dressing in the bottom of the jar, top with chopped lettuce, onions, red bell pepper, peas, egg, and bacon. You can screw a lid on top of jar, shake, and then eat out of the jar or pour into a bowl and enjoy!