Ingredients: 1.5 oz basil leaves,1.5 oz basil leaves,3/4 cup olive oil,1/2 cup unsalted sunflower seeds,1 clove garlic,a pinch of salt
- Remove all the basil leaves from its stems. Rinse the basil leaves under cold water and using a colander or strainer
- Now here's a trick that will help you dry herbs much quicker and efficiently, without breaking any delicate leaves –
- Place the basil leaves into a salad spinner just like you would with salad and spin until there is little to no water left. You need to make sure that there is minimal water so that it will preserve longer
- Add the basil, olive oil, sunflower seeds, garlic clove and salt into a blender. Blend until the sunflower seeds are fine.
- Add more olive oil as needed
- Use a spatula to pour the pesto sauce into a mason jar or other glass container. Lastly, pour in a layer of olive oil just to cover the pesto. This helps preserve it. Best used within two weeks.