Ingredients: 2 sticks of room temperature butter,3 egg whites,2 cups of mildly flavored honey like Clover,4 cups of powdered sugar,1/4 teaspoon of salt,2 tablespoons of pure vanilla extract
- In an electric mixer with the whisk attachment, mix 3 egg whites on high for approximately five minutes, or until you see stiff peaks.Once you see stiff peaks, reduce speed to medium and slowly drizzle in the honey. Once full added, increase mixer speed to high for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add salt.
- Mix for 30 seconds. With the mixer on low, slowly add 2 cups of sifted powder sugar.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract. Once incorporated, increase speed to high for 1-2 minutes.Put half of the marshmallow fluff in an air tight container. Will stay in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks and can be used just like any store bought marshmallow fluff!
- Put the other half of the marshmallow fluff in a separate bowl for use in this recipe. Clean out your mixing bowl.In the cleaned mixing bowl, mix, with the paddle attachment, on medium to high speed the butter and remaining two cups of powdered sugar.
- Mix for about 3 minutes.After three minutes, add the marshmallow fluff (remember, only half of the amount you originally made!) to the butter/sugar mixture and mix until thoroughly combined. Slowly add the remaining 1 tablespoon of vanilla.Using an ice cream scoop, place 1 scoop of filling on the flat side of a cookie.
- Place another cookie (flat side down) on top of the filling and flatten slightly. Ta-da! Youve got a whoopie pie!