In Epi’s 3-Ingredient Recipes series, we show you how to make great food with just three ingredients (plus staples like oil, salt, and pepper). A quick marinade infuses the salmon with sweet, herbaceous flavor and transforms it into a stunner of an entrée.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 (1 1/2-pound) skin-on salmon fillet
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Dill sprigs (for serving; optional)
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Whisk oil, maple syrup, and cardamom in a small bowl. Place salmon in a large baking dish and brush with cardamom syrup on all sides. Marinate at room temperature 30 minutes.
- Season each side of salmon with 1 tsp. salt. Bake until salmon is firm but still pink in the center, 22–25 minutes (if you prefer salmon more well done, cook an additional 5 minutes).
- Flake salmon into large pieces and arrange on a platter. Top with dill, if using.