A healthy Asian entree loaded with chicken, red peppers, and mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 large red pepper, diced small
- 1 10-ounce package baby portebello mushrooms, diced small
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds of boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced small
- 1 8-ounce can water chestnuts, drained, diced small
- 2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 3 cups of hot cooked rice
- Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- Heat peanut oil over medium high heat in a large sauté pan. Add red pepper and mushrooms and sauté for 5 – 6 minutes until tender. Add garlic and sauté an additional minute. Add chicken to pan and cook for 6 – 8 minutes or until cooked through. Stir chicken and red pepper mixture occasionally while it cooks. Add water chestnuts, teriyaki sauce and hoisin sauce and stir to coat the chicken and vegetables. Continue cooking until heated through.
- To serve, line a single serving size bowl with romaine leaves. Top with a large scoop of rice, some of the hoisin chicken, and a sprinkle of the sesame seeds and scallions.