- Gluten-free cooking spray
- 1 cup gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup gluten-free brown rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped raw almonds
- 1/2 cup chopped raw cashews
- 1/2 cup gluten-free pretzel sticks
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with gluten-free cooking spray. Line the pan with an overhanging piece of parchment paper to easily remove the bars.
- In a large bowl, toss together the oats, rice cereal, almonds, cashews, pretzel sticks and salt.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over low heat, stir together the maple syrup and almond butter until smooth. Add to the oat mixture and toss to evenly coat. Transfer the oat mixture to the prepared pan and, using a greased piece of parchment paper, press down firmly to spread evenly.
- Bake until just firm, about 12 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 250 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and place a wire rack on top. Remove the oat bar from the pan and cut evenly into 6 bars. Place the bars, gooey-side up, on the wire rack. Bake until almost dry to the touch, about 15 minutes. Let cool completely on a rack.