A quick, mid-week meal of ham, asparagus, and peppers that is both tasty and healthy.
- 3/4 lb. fresh asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium yellow pepper, julienned
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 10 ounces cooked ham, cubed
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 green onions
- Splash of white wine
- Saute asparagus, onions and yellow pepper in oil, until onion is translucent and veggies are tender.
- Add tomatoes, ham and wine.
- Mix in seasoning. Sprinkle cheese and heat thoroughly.
- Serve over pasta or rice.