Ingredients: 2 teaspoons baking powder,1/4 teaspoon coarse salt,1/2 cup dark cocoa powder,3 eggs,2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour,2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips,2 tablespoons sugar,1 stick unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugar. Beat together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Blend in the eggs one at a time, scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Mix in the cocoa powder until well blended.
- Add the flour, salt and baking powder to the bowl and mix on low speed just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips with a spatula.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead briefly by hand to be sure the ingredients are well combined.Divide the dough into 4 ounce portions (or divide into 12 equal pieces).
- Roll each portion of dough into a ball and flatten just slightly into a disc.
- Place on the prepared baking sheets, a few inches apart.
- Bake 16-20 minutes.
- Let cool on the baking sheets 5-10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.