- 4 pounds fresh brisket of beef
- 4 parsnips pared and halved
- 1 head cabbage, cut in eights
- 1/4 teaspoon whole black peppers
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 4 onions, peeled and halved
- 4 carrots, pared and halved
- 4 potatoes, pared and halved
- In large kettle, place beef with seasonings cover with water (about 2 quarts). Bring to boiling. Cover; reduce heat, simmer 2 1/4 hours until almost tender.
- Add vegetables. Return to boiling; simmer 25 to 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. To serve, drain well.