Ingredients: 5 tablespoons almond milk (or milk),½ teaspoon baking powder,¼ teaspoon baking soda,1 medium banana, sliced,¼ cup buckwheat flour,½ teaspoon cinnamon,½ tablespoon flax seed,½ tablespoon maple syrup,½ tablespoon oil, optional,3 tablespoons plain yogurt (I used regular, not Greek, but Greek yogurt would probably work),¼ cup rolled oats, ground into flour in a food processor or blender,1/8 teaspoon salt,½ teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat for 3-5 minutes while you make the batter.
- Whisk together the flours, flax seed, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the yogurt, milk, maple syrup, vanilla and oil, if using.
- Mix until smooth (there is no gluten in this batter, so no worries about over-mixing and creating tough pancakes). Batter should be thick, but if you like thinner pancakes, add an additional tablespoon or two of milk. Fold in sliced bananas.Grease with a few drops of oil and spread around the pan.
- Add batter, cup at a time (batter should sizzle when it hits the pan). Cook for about 2 minutes on each side (the first pancakes will take the longest to cook) and serve warm, with lots of maple syrup, additional bananas, nuts, chocolate chips, etc.