I absolutely love this salad because it’s full of texture and incredibly satiating. It’s light on greens and filled with chickpeas, lentils, feta, olives, and avocado, then tossed with a simple white wine vinaigrette. Serve it as an appetizer or split it in half for two entrées. This salad also comes together in just minutes and makes for a great lunch the next day.
- 1/4 cup minced shallot
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, plus more as desired
- 1/2 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large avocado
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups cooked, rinsed, and drained chickpeas
- 3/4 cup cooked, rinsed, and drained French lentils
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 3 to 4 ounces sheep’s milk feta cheese
- 2 to 3 handfuls zesty baby greens
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place all of the dressing ingredients in a jar. Seal and shake vigorously until well combined. Let sit for at least 10 minutes. Taste for acidity and add more vinegar as desired.
- Chop the avocado and toss it with the lemon juice to keep it from browning.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the salad ingredients together. Pour about half the dressing overtop and toss to thoroughly coat. Add more as desired, or reserve the rest for another salad.
- Top with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.