- 2 cups (9 1/4 ounces) glutinous rice flour, like Mochiko brand
- 2 cups (16 ounces) white sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (6 1/2 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 24 ounces evaporated milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and grease a 9- by 13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking soda in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the butter and the chocolate chips together in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently until you have a smooth mixture.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butter into the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment. With the mixer running on low, add the evaporated milk, vanilla, and eggs and mix until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low until the batter is smooth and lump-less. Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until the cake no longer jiggles. Remove from oven and let cool before serving.
- This cake should be stored at room temperature rather than refrigerated.