- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon rum, brandy, or other liqueur
- 3 large egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, for brushing pan
- 1. Place milk, vanilla, and rum in blender. Add yolks, sugar, salt, flour, and then butter. Blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Scrape sides of blender; blend 30 seconds more. Transfer batter to an airtight container; refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Brush a 6 1/2-to-7-inch crepe pan or nonstick skillet with oil. Heat on medium until just starting to smoke. Remove pan from heat; quickly pour 2 tablespoons of batter into middle of pan.
- 2. Quickly (in 2 to 3 seconds) tilt pan in all directions so the batter covers entire bottom in a thin layer. Return pan to heat for about 1 minute. Jerk pan sharply back and forth to loosen the crepe.
- 3. Lift edges with a spatula; if underside is golden brown, turn crepe by using two spatulas or by flipping crepe with a toss of the pan.
- 4. Cook about 30 seconds more, until spotty brown. Slide crepe onto a plate. Grease pan again with oil, heat to just smoking, and repeat with remaining batter. To keep warm, cover with an ovenproof dish in a 200 degrees oven. Or make up to a day in advance; reheat, covered with foil, in a 300 degrees oven until warm.