- 4 cups water
- 2 tbsps honey
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp freshly grated cinnamon
- 1 granny smith apple, seeded and coarsely chopped, plus slices for serving
- 4 strips orange zest, from 1/2 orange
- 1/3 cup loose green tea
- 1. Combine water, honey, nutmeg, cinnamon, apple, and orange zest in medium pot; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes.
- 2. Cover, remove from heat, and let steep 15 minutes. Strain through a fine mesh sieve over the green tea leaves, pressing all the juices from the apple. Let steep for 1 minute. Strain out the tea, reheat if necessary, and serve. Garnish with apple slices.