- 2 Granny Smith apples thinly sliced
- cup sweetened dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 7 tablespoons butter or margarine divided
- 6 flour tortillas – (10″ dia)
- 1 pkt cream cheese – (8 oz) softened
- cup powdered sugar
- cup caramel sauce
- cup chopped pecans toasted
- Toss together first 4 ingredients.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add apple mixture, and saute 5 minutes or until tender. Remove apple mixture, and set aside; wipe skillet clean.
- Spread 1 tablespoon butter evenly on 1 side of each tortilla.
- Stir together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth. Spread cheese mixture evenly on unbuttered side of each tortilla; top evenly with apple mixture. Fold tortillas in half over apple mixture.
- Cook quesadillas, in batches, in skillet over medium heat 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drizzle with caramel sauce, and sprinkle with pecans before serving.
- This recipe yields 6 servings.