Easy, refreshing, healthy, and delicious! It’s the perfect mix of sweet, salty, and savory. Perfect as a side dish, or an entree with some grilled fish or chicken on top.
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons miso paste (I like brown, but use white for a more mild flavor)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1 small clove of garlic, grated
- 4 drops of sriracha sauce (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 handful mixed field greens
- 1 head of butter lettuce, chopped
- 1 Asian pear, thinly sliced
- 1 handful roasted and salted cashews
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 splash red wine vinegar
- pinches sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, and slowly whisk in the sesame oil until well blended. *Note, you will not need to use all of the dressing for the salad. It packs a punch!
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the red onions and begin to caramelize. When they begin to dry out a little add a splash of red wine vinegar and sugar. Season with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Toss the salad together with greens, pear, cashews, caramelized red onion, and drizzle with the Miso Ginger Vinaigrette.