- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup Bette Hagman’s pizza/french bread flour mix (see note; I’m sure any other gluten free “all purpose” blend would work)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced & separated into rings
- 1/2 cup gluten free all purpose flour (for coating onions)
- Oil for frying (we use canola)
- Mix egg, oil, and milk on low speed of mixer for 1 minute.
- Add Bette’s Mix (or equivalent dry ingredients) and mix until smooth.
- Put 1/2 cup all purpose gf flour in a shallow dish. Coat onion rings in flour.
- Dip floured onions in prepared batter.
- Fry in hot oil (375 degrees, at least 1-inch deep) until desired shade of brown.