There’s a southern accent to this entrée, so round out the menu with corn muffins, coleslaw and three-bean salad; then bring on the coconut layer cake.
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 8- to 10-ounce ham steak (1/2 inch thick), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium peaches, peeled, pitted, cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Whisk marmalade, oil, mustard and lemon juice in small bowl to blend. Alternate ham pieces and peach chunks on 4 metal skewers. Brush with marmalade glaze. Sprinkle with pepper. Grill until ham is slightly charred and fruit is softened, turning and brushing often with glaze, about 6 minutes.