- 2 cups corn cereal (recommended: Corn Flakes)
- 2 cups puffed rice cereal (recommended: Rice Krispies)
- 1/4 cup shelled, skinless peanuts
- 1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon brown or black mustard seeds
- 8 to 10 fresh curry leaves, optional
- 1/2 green serrano chile, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Small handful plantain chips, optional
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- Kosher salt
- In a large wok over medium heat, toast the corn cereal, puffed rice cereal, peanuts, and pepitas until the cereals have crisped up, about 2 minutes. Remove from the pan.
- Warm the oil in the same wok over medium heat. Add the mustard seeds (stand back, they’ll pop!), curry leaves, green chile, and turmeric. Cook about 30 seconds. Turn the heat off.
- Add the cereal mixture, plantain chips, if using, and raisins. Season with salt. Toss until well combined, and pour into a big bowl. Crack a beer and enjoy!