Ingredients: 1 cup of basmati rice,1 cup Chopped carrot,1 stick of Celery finelly chopped,1/2 teaspoon dried basil,1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary,1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary,fresh parsley,1/2 a large onion or 1 small onion the size of an egg,Pepper,Pepper,1/2 teaspoon Salt,1 whole Chicken
- Place the chicken in a pot and add enough water to cover the chicken. Three quarters of the pot full.
- Add the onion, carrot bits, salt pepper, rosemary, basil.Bring to the boil and allow to simmer until the chicken starts to pull away from the bone.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and let it cool. Strip the meat off in tiny bite sized pieces.In the meantime, add the cup of rice to the stock and let it simmer for another 10 – 15 minutes. The rice must be well cooked.
- Add the celery and the chicken to the soup.Allow to simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley.Ready to serve with some crispy hot bread or croutons on the side.