Ingredients: 2 tsp baking powder,1 stick + 2 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature,1 1/2 cups cake flour,2 Tbsp cocoa powder,2 cups confectioners sugar,1 cup natural creamy peanut butter,2 eggs,1/2 cup milk,4 Tbsp milk,3/4 cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread,1/4 tsp salt,3/4 cup sugar,1 stick unsalted butter, room temp,1 tsp vanilla
- Oven at 350 degrees.In a small bowl combine the flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder.In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer cream the sugar and butter.
- Mix until light and fluffy.
- Add the Nutella and mix until well combined. Next mix in one egg at a time until combined.In a measuring cup mix the milk and vanilla. To the large bowl, with the mixer on low, add in half the dry mix, combine.
- Add half the milk mix, combine.
- Add the remainder of the dry mix and finally the remainder of the milk.
- Mix well until the batter is smooth and creamy and a light chocolate color.
- Place liners in cupcake pan and spray with non stick butter spray. Fill the liners 3/4 of the way up.
- Bake for approx 15 minutes. To check doneness insert a toothpick, you want it to come out with a little bit of the cake on it, not completely clean! It will continue to cook slightly after you remove it. If you over bake them they will become dry so be sure to check them a little early as every oven cooks differently.
- Remove the cupcakes from the pan and cool on a cooling rack.If I had more Nutella I would have smeared a thin layer over top the cupcakes once they were cooled. On top of that, pipe on the Peanut Butter Frosting (recipe below). Finish off with shaved chocolate.For the frosting : In a large bowl, using an electric hand mixer, cream the butter and peanut butter until well combined.
- Add confectioners sugar until well combined. Finally add the milk until well combined. The frosting should be creamy, smooth and light in color.