- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 6 large apples, cored (honey crisp or gala)
- One 12-ounce can cola-flavored carbonated beverage
- Vanilla ice cream, for serving, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 13- by 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, raisins, cinnamon and butter, and mix until combined. Spoon the sugar mixture into the center of each apple.
- Place the apples in the prepared baking dish. Pour the cola over the apples. Bake, uncovered, until the apples are tender, about 1 hour. Serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.