- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 8 flour tortillas – (10″ dia) warmed
- 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1 can Ortega refried beans – (16 oz)
- 8 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 cup Ortega salsa – thick & chunky (medium)
- 6 ounces breakfast sausage
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring to break up, for 4 to 5 minutes or until no longer pink; drain. Stir in beans; heat for 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from skillet; keep warm.
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add eggs; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until eggs are of desired consistency.
- Top each tortilla evenly with sausage mixture, eggs, cheese, tomato and bell pepper; fold into burrito. Garnish with salsa.
- This recipe yields 8 servings.
- Description: “Breakfast burritos bring flavor, texture and convenience into your day. Top them off with thick and chunky salsa for extra bite and savor.”