- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup Gruyère cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 300°F. In a large bowl, add the oats, pepitas, cheese, thyme, salt, onion powder and pepper. Mix together with your hands or a large spoon, making sure to break up any clumps of cheese. In a small bowl, whisk the egg white, Worcestershire sauce and olive oil until thoroughly combined and creamy. Pour the egg white mixture over the oats mixture and stir until the oats are evenly coated.
- Spread mixture on a lined, rimmed baking sheet and place on a middle rack in the oven. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown, stirring every 10 minutes for the first 20 minutes, then every 5 minutes until it is done. Place baking sheet on a cooling rack. (The granola will become more crisp as it cools.) Store the granola in an airtight container once it has cooled.