- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 gallons water, for boiling
- 2 head cauliflower
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons valrhona white chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 cup pistachios, crushed roughly
- Maldon sea salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. Add lemon and cauliflower and cook for 5 min. Cool down in salted ice water.
- Rehydrate the raisins in the vinegar over soft heat. Add the white chocolate and blend till smooth in a blender or vita prep. Add the chili powder and pulse.
- Once completely cool, we can begin the browning process. Heat the butter in the pan until light brown. Add the cauliflower (crown down), garlic and thyme and baste continuously till golden brown. It should take 5 minutes for the head to brown evenly.
- Remove from the butter, and spill half the butter over the cauliflower. Season with sea salt and drizzle the raisin emulsion over the head. Sprinkle pistachios liberally and serve.