Serve with sweet potato or root vegetable chips. The sweet potatoes can be cooked in a microwave in just 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2 or 3 small to medium sweet potatoes (about 12 ounces)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup juice from 2 limes
- 2/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup canned chicken broth
- 1. Cook the potatoes in the microwave on high power until soft, 10 to 12 minutes. Holding potatoes in an oven mitt, peel (or peel when cool enough to handle).
- 2. Process the potatoes, garlic, pepper sauce, salt, cayenne, and lime juice in the workbowl of the food processor fitted with the metal blade until puréed. With the machine running, gradually add oil through the feeder tube. Continue to process, adding broth through the feeder tube until the mixture is light and silky. Transfer to a serving bowl.