- 3 cups red wine plus ¼ cup
- ½ pound linguine
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Dash red chili flakes
- ¾ cup grated pecorino romano
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Salt the 3 cups of red wine and bring it to a boil in a pot.
- Add in the linguine and cook to al dente.
- Meanwhile, slice the bacon strips into lardons and fry them in a pan until crisp over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and saute for another minute.
- Drain the pasta when it’s finished cooking.
- Add the extra ¼ cup of red wine to the bacon and garlic and turn up the heat until it simmers.
- Add the cooked pasta to the pan along with red chili flakes and the pecorino romano, stirring to incorporate.
- At the last minute, add in the chopped parsley and serve.