There are many ways in which you can use our wonderful halva spreads — be it smeared on toast for breakfast, with your fruit for a nutritious mid-day snack, alongside your favorite cheese as an appetizer, or spooned straight from the jar to satisfy your sweet tooth. However, this summer I found myself enjoying Brooklyn Sesame halva spreads in smoothies. They make a great on-the-go breakfast on a hot summer day or a refreshing afternoon snack. My favorite is a “Tropical Desert” smoothie — it is as delicious and refreshing as it sounds!
- 4 bananas
- 2 medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons Brooklyn Seasame Halva Spread with Toasted Coconut
- 2 cups 2% organic milk (or almond or soy milk)
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom (optional)
- Slice bananas and freeze them overnight.
- Cut the dates into smaller pieces, then, in a blender, combine the dates with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth — about 30 seconds. Serve in a tall glass with a straw, top with a pinch of cardamom, and serve immediately. Enjoy!